September 20, 2012 – Cincinnati, OH
Industrial Training Workshop
Make your company more profitable by getting smarter about compressed air. Through a series of workshops, the Compressed Air Challenge® helps you evaluate your own systems and apply proven techniques. Workshop participants will be able to achieve higher productivity, reduced downtime, greater energy savings, increased product quality, and greater efficiency. Please join us for our upcoming Fundamentals of Compressed Air Systems Workshop.
Mr. Frank Moskowitz has an extensive, 30-year background in plant engineering. He is currently an associate of Draw Professional Services in the auditing, consulting, training and system design fields, specializing in compressed air and vacuum systems; contaminate removal; and energy management. Frank is an instructor for the Fundamentals, Advanced and AIRMaster+ compressed air courses and a DOE compressed air “Energy Expert”. He is Vice-Chair for ASME Standard EA-4-2010 “Energy Assessment for Compressed Air Systems”; and a member of the ISO technical committee for air compressors and compressed air systems energy management; TC118/SC6/WG4
8:00 – 12:30 Morning Session
- Why care about air?
- Compressed Air Challenge questionnaire
- Pre-workshop assignment
- Study your supply side
- What is supply side?
- Typical components of the supply system: compressors, controls, dryers, traps and drains, and filters
- Understand your demands
- What is the demand side?
- Typical components of demand
- Inappropriate uses of compressed air
- Common leak locations and how to fix them
- Are you on base?
- Baselining basics and techniques
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
1:30 -5:00 Afternoon Session
- Stay under control
- Controls, part-load efficiency, and storage
- Using controls – pros and cons
- Maintain system efficiency
- Simple, quick cost-cutting measures
- System demand profile
- Get with the plan
- Seven-step action plan
- Personal action plan
Lower Level Conference Room
Clopay Office Building
105 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202